The Internship Visa is for foreign students or foreign recent graduates. In order to apply for this visa they have to be currently unemployed and have a training offer by an Italian company.
The drafting of the training project needs to comply with specific guidelines. These guidelines are set every year by the Training Authority of the region where the company is located.
In addition to that, the candidate of an internship visa should match some requirements. That is to say, he/she should demonstrate to have:
- Economical means of support covering the entire stay;
- Availability of accommodation in Italy covering the entire stay;
- Private health insurance covering the entire stay.
In order to obtain the visa:
- Firstly, the Italian company has to draft a training project. After that, the Authorities of the Region where the training will take place have to approve it;
- Upon approval of the project, the trainee has to apply for an internship visa at the Italian Consulate or Embassy of his/her home country.
You might also be interested in Italian Work Visa