Technical and professional education courses beyond the level of compulsory education
(legal adults over 18 years old).
Reason of application, type and length of training
The training visa can be applied for by employers needing to transfer a foreign employee to an Italian parent company on a training mission for a temporary period of time. The length of the training depends on the level of the training itself:
- Low/middle level growth projects will be granted for 3 months;
- High-professional projects will be granted for 6 months;
- Projects requiring directorial or managerial responsibilities will be granted for 1 year.
Requirements for the application
In order to qualify for this visa, the employee must have:
- Been employed by a subsidiary of the Italian company for at least 6 months;
- Obtained his/her own high school diploma (18 years old);
- Economical means of support covering the entire stay;
- Availability of accommodation in Italy covering the entire stay;
- Private health insurance covering the entire stay
Application and obtainment steps
In order to obtain the visa, it is necessary to follow some specific steps in both cases:
- Submit a growth project, to be approved by the Authorities of the Region where the training will take place;
- Upon approval of the project, apply for the pre-authorisation to the employment;
- Within 6 months from the pre-authorisation obtainment, visa application for seconded training purposes at the Italian Consulate or Embassy of your home country.
The Consulate or Embassy of your home country will issue the visa in order to allow the employee to enter Italy. Within 8 days from the employee arrival in Italy, it is necessary to submit all original documents to the Public Office covering the area of residence of the employee, and consequently apply for a stay permit for work purposes at the local post office.
We apply, prepare and submit all required papers to the relevant authorities, and monitor the process until the visa has been issued.